Our NHBA 2017 Spring meeting will be held on March 18, 2017 at Camp Carpenter in Manchester, NH
Registration forms are here: (please register before 3/6 if you’d like to have a meal)
Our speakers will be:
- Noah Wilson-Rich – Founder of Best Bee as well as the Urban Beekeeping Laboratory & Bee Sanctuary. a Boston based non-profit doing research to improve honeybee health (NHBA’s research fund donated $300 to this research in 2016). Noah has a couple different TED talks about honey bees.
- Barbara Jones, DVM – will be talking about what the new anti-biotic laws mean to beekeepers
- Allen Lindahl, NHBA VP – will give an update on this year’s American Beekeeping Federation conference that was held in January.
We will also have:
- Beekeeper of the Year presentation
- Our annual business meeting
- Officer elections
- our annual Raffle!
The meal will be a Taste of Italy Luncheon Buffet provided by Tidewater Catering:
Classic Caesar Salad
Fresh Fruit and Berry Salad
Gemelli Pasta with chicken, roasted tomatoes, peppers and our Fresh Arugula Pesto Sauce
Three Cheese Ravioli with Rustic Marinara
Luncheon Rolls and Butter
The tentative agenda is:
Address: 300 Blondin Road – Manchester, NH 03109
From Route 93 North (traveling north)
Take Exit 5 and turn right onto Route 28 (Rockingham Road). Go past diner on left and take
immediate left onto Auburn Road. At four way stop, take left onto Old Derry Road. Old Derry
Road becomes Bodwell Road at the Manchester/Londonderry line. Take a right onto Blondin
Road after you pass East Meadow condominium complex. Continue on Blondin Road to camp.
From Route 101, Route 293
Take Exit 1 off Route 293 onto Route 28 (South Willow Street). Go past two Mall of NH
entrances and turn left at next intersection with traffic lights onto Huse Road. Go over highway
and take next right onto Mooresville Road. Continue to the end of Mooresville Road and take a
right onto South Mammoth Road. Go under highway and take next left onto Bodwell Road.
Continue on Bodwell Road for 1.7 miles and take left after Convenience Store onto Blondin Road.
Continue on Blondin Road to Camp.
From Route 93 South (traveling south)
Take Hanover Street, Candia Road exit. At Hanover Street go straight. At Candia Road take left
and go under highway. Take second right onto East Industrial Drive (first left takes you to Boy
Scout Office). At end of East Industrial Drive take right on Island Pond Road. Take immediate
left onto Cohas Ave. At end of Cohas Ave (stop sign) take left onto Bodwell Road. After passing
the Convenience Store take left onto Blondin Road.