NH BEEKEEPER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Congratulation to Jodi Turner – our 2016 Beekeeper of the Year!
Purpose: To give recognition to the outstanding beekeeper who has made a significant contribution to beekeeping in New Hampshire; a person who sets high standards and who is looked upon as a resource of beekeeping knowledge.
This award will become unknown at the “Francis Dodge Award”. Francis was the NHBA Secretary for many years; a dedicated beekeeper and sharer of beekeeping knowledge.
- Must have kept honeybees for at least 5 years and an active participant of the N.H. Beekeepers Association for the same time.
- Can only receive the award once.
- Should show evidence of willingness to share information with other beekeepers as well as being a creative beekeeper.
- Evidence of participation in public service relating to beekeeping (ie: schools, fairs, service clubs, beginning beekeepers, removal of swarms, etc.)
- Must have a good working knowledge of “all aspects of beekeeping including diseases, mites, State laws, management, etc. Evidence of this would include
- Must be in compliance with State registration honey production and related beekeeping items as provided by State Laws and regulations.
- Should show evidence of marketing honey or related items.
Nominations for 2017 Beekeeper of the year are now being accepted (1/2017).
Please send nominations including a letter of support to any of the following:
Previous Beekeepers of the Year:
2016 Jodi Turner
2015 Barbara Lawler
2014 Troy Hall
2013 Amy Robinson
2012 Ellie Palmer
2011 Amy Robinson
2010 Gerard Godville
2009 Bill Booth
2008 Wendy Booth
2007 Allen Lindahl
2003 Dick Dionne
1996 Ben Chadwick and Alden Marshall
1995 Mike Bayko
1994 Dave Sorenson
1993 Howard Kimball