Nominations for 2020 are now being accepted.
Deadline for nominations is February 28, 2020.
Purpose: To give recognition to the outstanding beekeeper who has made a significant contribution to beekeeping in New Hampshire; a person who sets high standards and who is looked upon as a resource of beekeeping knowledge.
This award will become known at the “Francis Dodge Award”. Francis was the NHBA Secretary for many years; a dedicated beekeeper and sharer of beekeeping knowledge.
- Must have kept honeybees for at least 5 years and an active participant of the N.H. Beekeepers Association for the same time.
- Can only receive the award once.
- Should show evidence of willingness to share information with other beekeepers as well as being a creative beekeeper.
- Evidence of participation in public service relating to beekeeping (ie: schools, fairs, service clubs, beginning beekeepers, removal of swarms, etc.)
- Must have a good working knowledge of “all aspects of beekeeping including diseases, mites, State laws, management, etc. Evidence of this would include
- Must be in compliance with State registration honey production and related beekeeping items as provided by State Laws and regulations.
- Should show evidence of marketing honey or related items.
Nominations for 2020 Beekeeper of the year are now being accepted. Deadline for nominations is February 28, 2020.
Please send nominations including a letter of support to Allen Lindahl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beekeeper of the Year will be announced at the Spring Meeting.
2019 Beekeeper of the Year – Dorinda Priebe
Previous Beekeepers of the Year:
- 2019 Dorinda Priebe
- 2018 Kevin & Cecile Lefebvre
- 2017 Heather Achilles
- 2016 Jodi Turner
- 2015 Barbara Lawler
- 2014 Troy Hall
- 2013 Amy Robinson
- 2012 Ellie Palmer
- 2011 Amy Robinson
- 2010 Gerard Godville
- 2009 Bill Booth
- 2008 Wendy Booth
- 2007 Allen Lindahl
- 2006 ?
- 2005 ?
- 2004 ?
- 2003 Dick Dionne
- 2002—1997 ?
- 1996 Ben Chadwick and Alden Marshall
- 1995 Mike Bayko
- 1994 Dave Sorenson
- 1993 Howard Kimball