June 15, 2019
Musterfield Farm, North Sutton, NH
10am – 3pm
Come join us for fun, food and bee talk.
Chuck Souther, owner of Apple Hill Farm in Concord, NH
Role of IPM in the relationship between orchardist and beekeeper
- Alcohol wash for mite testing – Chris Shaw
- Sugar shake for mite testing – TBD
- Nosema microscope testing – Deb Slocum & Dane Pursley
- How to light a smoker – TBD
- Apitherapy – Reyah Carlson
- Queen marking using drones – Alden Marshall
Dare to enter the smoker wars. How long can you keep your smoker lit.
Smoker War Rules
- No wood pellets
- No pre-made plugs, fabric or burlap
- Smoker to be average size, no oversize smokers will be allowed
- No electric or alternative power smoker
- Smokers to be stacked in front of judge
- Last one burning at end is the winner of Smoker Wars.
Who was Beekeeper of the Year in 2018?
Things to bring with you.
- A side dish or dessert with a serving spoon. Don’t forget to put name on dish. So, we can get it back to you.
- sunscreen and sunglasses
- veil and gloves
Musterfield Farm, Havery Road, North Sutton, NH
From north or south:
- Interstate 89 to Exit 10 (Sutton)
- Follow signs to Route 114
- Take Route 114 North to center of North Sutton village (1/4 mile)
- Follow signs to Muster Field Farm