If you apply any mite, nosema or other treatments to your hives, and you either sell or give your honey and hive products to others, the state of NH requires that you have a private pesticide applicators permit. If you consume all of your hive products yourself and do not give or sell any to others you DO NOT require a permit.

Pesticide Permit Application (NH):  http://agriculture.nh.gov/publications-forms/documents/private-applicator-permit.pdf

General Information & Instructions:    http://agriculture.nh.gov/divisions/pesticide-control/licensing.htm

The check should be made out to  “Treasurer, State of New Hampshire”.  

If you have questions, please call please call NH Division of Pesticide Control at 603-271-3550.